Buffalo, NY office
The Milestone Foundation was founded in 2016 to be an alternative for plaintiffs seeking financial support while they proceed through litigation. In an industry full of predatory lending companies, the Milestone Foundation emerged as the only non-profit organization, with a goal of providing fair, low-interest funding to families to help cover their basic living expenses. In the spring of 2018, the Milestone Foundation received its 501(c)(3) public charity status.
Today, the Milestone Foundation continues to be the only nonprofit organization giving plaintiffs and their families low-cost capital so they can make ends meet while they endure a personal injury lawsuit. The work of the foundation has been lauded nationally by trial lawyers and other leaders in the civil justice space. The pre-settlement advances we provide not only keep the lights on and keep a family fed, but they also allow individuals to see their lawsuit through to its just end – even if they are going up against a deep-pocket defendant such as a large corporation or pharmaceutical company.
The Milestone Foundation is looking for a highly ambitious, experienced Executive Director to take over management of the organization. This position will have national responsibilities, and some travel will be required.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
The Executive Director will be responsible for handling daily operations, including but not limited to:
- Managing and cultivating donor relationships, including creation of a high-level donor management and outreach plan
- Supervising all existing relationships and pursuing new relationships with contractors, software programs, business partnerships, and other entities to improve business operations
- Planning and executing all fundraising initiatives, including special events, online campaigns, letter mailings, appeals for corporate support, etc.
- Researching and applying for relevant grant opportunities
- Overseeing online content production, social media activity, and all marketing initiatives
- Identifying and capitalizing on PR opportunities
- Overseeing and maintaining all finances, including monthly review of reports
- Acting as liaison between the organization and the Board of Directors, holding quarterly board meetings and keeping the board informed on significant developments in concert with the fiduciary obligations
- Identifying when to hire interns and paid staff, and managing supervision of these positions
Requirements & Qualifications
- Must demonstrate the ethos of the work and mission of the Milestone Foundation
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Strong relationship skills (previous experience cultivating donors a plus)
- Innovative/creative leader with new ideas and great problem-solving skills
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Possess the skills to work/motivate staff and board members
- Have a passion for justice and advocacy
- Be a “self-starter” with a results-driven philosophy
- Be extremely organized and exhibit excellent follow-through on tasks and goals
- Familiarity with technology solutions and software used in nonprofit operations and financial management is desirable. Our Foundation utilizes Network for Good and Salesforce.
- Strong Financial Acumen and knowledge of nonprofit financial management, budgeting, and reporting.
- Display a positive attitude, have patience, and be a team player
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects
- Bachelor’s degree required
Preferred additional skills
- Ability to plan and execute events
- Past fundraising and/or grant writing experience
- Website management
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and tools to effectively plan, execute, and monitor operational initiatives.
- Master’s degree
Job Specs & Details
- Hours: Monday – Friday 9am-5pm EST
- Salary commensurate with experience $120-150K
- 401(k) w/match
- Health, Dental & Vision insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 3/5 hybrid working after 90 day probationary period
- Free parking
- Offices located in Buffalo, New York
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
E-mail resume and cover letter to John Bair, Founder, at email@example.com.